Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Wrong Charge?

I was infuriated this morning when I read this story in the Toronto Star. If you read through the whole story you will find that the charge laid against "the unnamed perp" was dangerous driving.

I would think that when you purposely hit the gas and point your car towards someone with the intent of running them over, then continue to drive at a high rate of speed, attempt to get on a multi-lane highway with your victim still on the hood, that is more like attempted murder, rather than dangerous driving.

Why wasn't this middle aged man named? I'm sure they aren't trying to protect the identity of the victim, because the victim is named. Why is it that some people get their names plastered all through the news when they are accused of doing something wrong (prior to court and no eye witnesses) and other people, like this guy, are provided anonymity? Just doesn't seem right somehow.

***

Change of venue, back to my place where my widdle kitty cat is recouperating. Here is a picture that shows her lovely, new, pink leg.


You will be happy to know that she is managing quite nicely with her "peg leg" and the only downside seems to be that she cannot sneak up on anyone. It always sounds like a pirate coming down the hall, thump, thump, thump.

She's back to her old shenanigans though; banging my dresser door to wake me up. My dresser has two doors that open to a little compartment. Molly has decided that this is a good way to wake me up in the morning. She puts her nails underneath the bottom of the door, pulls and lets it bang shut. This is very loud at 6:30ish in the morning. I am trying to convey to her that with my new shift I can sleep in.

Perhaps this is a job for the Pet Whisperer, aka Mom.

3 comments:

PPQ said...

Awww, she's so quote, and the PromQueen in me salutes her choice of pink!

Suzy Snow said...

Thanks PPQ, I think she's adorable too! My how they become like children. She says that you have good taste in colours!

Anonymous said...

Ah, there's our Tripod - uh, Molly. It's amazing how they adapt so quickly. I'm glad she's on the mend.

- Pierette