Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Hitting the bricks!

So the Union has apparently led us down a path, so to speak, a path that has us walking the streets at this moment.

Months ago, when we cast our strike vote, we were told that it would never come to that. The Government would be jolted into action with our strong unified voice. Seems that the Government is either deaf or doesn't give a damn, because I received a call this morning to tell me the time and place for picketing.

I hate strikes, I also admit that I am not a strong union supporter, but I will do what I have to do.

So I'm off. Think of me out on the chilly pavement, cold wind ringing in my ears as you are sitting comfortably at your computer reading, writing or playing (or whatever it is that you do on your computer).

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Your situation is the precise reason why I refuse to work in a union situation. I've always thought it was a little bit like selling your soul to cover your ass. That said, I hope things get settled for you soon. It's getting cold outside.

Suzy Snow said...

Kevin - thanks for your support. I hope it's settled soon too. I'm not too good at this sort of stuff.

Jack - Thermals are absolutely what will be needed if the weather keeps going in the same direction. We had a couple of good days but it's crappy today.