Sunday, October 17, 2004

3-1-1 Pet Emergency

We need a special number for pet emergencies. Perhaps 3-1-1, since they are about 1/3 the average size of an adult.

My kitty, Molly, the beautiful, zany girlie in the picture with the lampshade on her head, had an accident this morning acting like a cat.

She fell off my dresser and her back leg got caught in my drawer pull and she fractured her foot. Xrays show that she has two bones that are completely fractured and a third one that was cracked half way through.

The pet hospital is keeping her overnight and putting a splint on her leg in the morning, after which I will be able to bring her home.

I can still hear her god awful cry and I am so thankful that she will be ok. The vet said it will take approximately 8 weeks for her to completely heal.

So this weekend, has been the most emotional one that I have had in a long time. Can't wait for the frivolity to return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Sissy, that's terrible! Big hugs for you and skritchies for Molly. Whoever said cats are graceful never actually HAD one, did they? Holy cow - it's going to be a long 8 weeks.

Pierette

Suzy Snow said...

I know, and what I'm wondering is what will the final cost be? Will the vet charge me everytime he changes the splint? Probably.

Anonymous said...

Is there any way you can learn to do it yourself (with help from M. and your mom, hopefully) -- ?? If I can run blood glucose curves on my diabetic kitty at home, surely it's possible to learn to put a splint on Molly, isn't it? In my situation it saves me about $150 USD every three to six months. I'd sure ask, were I you!

Pierette