Thursday, October 14, 2004

Workless

The Government has settled with CCRA and a couple of other departments and it looks promising for us, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it ends soon.

I hate to even admit this, but I have avoided picketing so far. I have not crossed the picket line but I have not gone out there either.

I had made previous plans to take the day off on Tuesday and go out of town overnight. When I was called and informed that we were out on strike, I decided that it wouldn't matter if I didn't show up for a couple of days. I ended up staying an extra night and came home too late today to make it for my duty.

Tomorrow's Friday, and I'm thinking what the hell, might as well make it a clean start and if we are still out on Monday then I'll join the troupes. I'm not sure if I will be welcome or not. I've only had one experience where I was out on picket duty and that was September 2001. We were doing rotating strikes so it wasn't an all out one like this.

The previous contract was negotiated without a strike and the one before that I was a designated worker, so I had to be inside working in spite of it. In a way, I still feel like a newbie even though I've been with the department for 13 years.

Funny how two days of relaxing at a cottage on a lake can render you thoughtless. I have absolutely nothing else that I can think of to write about today. Lucky you!

No comments: