Saturday, October 16, 2004

Deathless

16/10/04 10:05 PM
Deathless

It didn’t end 2 ½ years ago
when you told me about her
or 2 months later,
full boxes, frozen smile, empty shell
running from the memories

It was still alive
untouched or scathed
by the tears and shattered dreams

Shoved deep in a corner, with no light or hope
2 ½ years later, absolutely no fear
that the love I once held, would not be there
when I faced you, today, my dear

I held it down tight,
as I gathered the few loose ends
choking the breath of it out
with all my strength, certain I could win

But then you opened your soul,
and let me gaze in
for those precious fleeting seconds
eyes locked, souls merged, life stopped
we were one, once again

I met with my exboyfriend earlier today to gather a few remaining things prior to his move to his new girlfriend's house. I was surprised by the wave of emotions and the sadness that I am feeling, but tried to express it above. I just need to wallow for a moment or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sissy, I've been down that lonely road before. Big hugs.

Pierette

Suzy Snow said...

Welcome Mamacita! I agree, linked souls are very hard to unlink. I just keep reminding myself that at least I was lucky to experience a love like that, whereas some people never do.

Thanks for the hug Sis! Back atcha!