Saturday, October 09, 2004

Undefeated

I thought about my frustration yesterday at work, and went in with a new resolve to beat the problem. Maybe it wasn't my language skills or their lack of, perhaps it had more to do with the form that we were using.

When asked what the different fields were for, I had to admit more than once that we don't actually use that one, no, not that one either, noooo nothing there. So I decided to replace the form with a far simpler one.

One that has built in reminders about when to put the file number on, and when not to. I handed the new form out tonight and only had to explain it several times to one lady. Yes, the same lady that got the one on one and the multiple explanations.

Funny thing about her is that just when I think that she hasn't got a damn clue what I'm talking about, she will show me her work and it is absolutely perfect, meticulous and right on.

Anyway, they all smiled when I showed them the new streamlined, easy to read form.

It was a far better evening tonight!

********* On another note********

I think my mother has missed her calling as a detective. She was sitting on the balcony having a cigarette tonight when she noticed a car enter the parking area and park facing the adjacent street. The gentleman in the car did not immediately exit, but stayed inside for quite sometime.

This perked my Mother's curiousity. Like a pro, she slunk down onto the bench swing so that she could still see him through the plexiglass insert in the balcony wall, but he would not notice her as her head was hidden.

Mother reports that he did finally exit the vehicle, moved to the trunk, opened it up and looked around for something for a little while. He then closed the trunk and got back into the car. A few minutes later he repeated the process. The whole time he kept looking towards the adjacent street which meant he had his back to our building and also his back to the driveway leading into the parking lot. Most people waiting in their cars to pick up someone from the building would be looking the other way.

He was spotted putting on an overcoat and stuffing his hands in the pockets again as if he was looking for something.

About 2 minutes before Detective Momsy entered our unit, a horn was heard loudly bleeping from the street. Shortly thereafter a large gentleman ambled through the gardens from the street into the parking lot, carrying a rather large bag. As soon as the suspect noticed this man, he backed his vehicle out of its spot and slowly drove away in the opposite direction.

Detective Momsy quickly entered our unit and hastefully went to her bedroom to turn her TV to the security camera channel for our lobby.

Sure enough, shortly thereafter, two gentlemen could be seen entering the building carrying that same rather large bag.

And that gentlemen is how you get the job done! What job that is, I'm not sure, but I am sure of this, that whole episode kept my Mother very busy for quite sometime, which meant that I was able to catch most of Law and Order uninterrupted.

No comments: