Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Spastic Tuesday

Today was a spacey or spastic day for me. Probably because I didn't get enough sleep last night. I stayed up too late reading my new book - "He's Just Not That Into You". It's quite informative. Gives both a woman and a guy's perspective on why guy's do what they do.

It's infinitely informative. Some of the highlight chapters that drew my attention are: He's just not that into you if he's not calling you (you see how difficult this is?); He's just not that into you if he's not dating you (this one was particularly revealing); He's just not that into you if he's not having sex with you (this one was tricky to figure out without the book); He's just not that into you if he's having sex with someone else (this one blew my mind); and to save you from me listing them all, my all time favourite, He's just not that into you if he only wants to see you when he's drunk (this was really shocking to read).

I know it all seems like it should be obvious but believe me, to us females, it isn't. We still cling to the belief that men think like we do. Apparently they don't. They are pretty up front about the whole thing and what I've learned is, if you can ignore or dismiss whatever they say and basically just base everything on their actions, you can save yourself a whole lot of headaches and heartaches.

Of course, I've already started to implement some of the good advice. I've refrained from calling Casual Guy, who has been missing in action for almost two weeks, until tonight. I was going to make the phone call on Saturday. Today is Tuesday. The book helped me get through three days before I made the call.

Do I wish I had just listened to the damn book and not called? Yes and No. One half of me thinks that it's not fair to let him off the hook that easy. Not calling is easy. The other half of me feels silly for being the one to call him when clearly if he wanted to talk to me, he would have.

Oh well, I know one thing, I cannot back up time and take it back, so what? He knows I was thinking about him, and it's not a secret anyway that I enjoy his company. I won't be jumping to make the call again. That's it. I told him that I thought he was dead, was glad that he wasn't and that's about it. If he doesn't want to play with me anymore then so be it. Someone else will come along that will enjoy my company.

Just a quick example of how stunned I was today, besides this last one, I suggested to my friends that we should go to Harvey's for lunch. I was craving their new Grilled Salmon Burger. A 4oz Salmon Filet, chargrilled on Harvey's special grill, placed on a toasted bun with tomatoe, mayonaise and dill pickles. MMMmmmmmmm. They were easy to convince. Everyone was on board but rather than taking one car and conserving fuel, we decided to take two. The youngsters jumped in the Flintstone mobile and the oldsters went in my car.

My zombie decided to jump in about the time I got behind the wheel and drove us to Wendy's. We chitty chatted all the way. We both commented on the lame people driving out the in driveway. I even yelled "wrong way" as I passed one of the cars.

I parked, locked the doors and we proceeded to the entrance, still not realizing anything was amiss. Old gal turned and remarked how she didn't realize there was a door on this side of the building, and I was surprised that she didn't know that.

"Why yes, there are two doors to Wendy's!"

"Wendy's! Shit. Geezus, what the hell are we doing here?"

We burst out laughing, quickly turned and rushed back to the car.

I laughed even harder when I realized that I had to drive out the exit entrance because I needed to turn left and I couldn't if I went out the proper exit.

Quite some time later we joined our young friends who were already eating. By the time we waited for the salmon to be cooked, it isn't fast food, we should have been back at our desks. We set such a good example for the newer employees.

I finished the day off with a trip to the movie theatre to see Paparazzi. It was pretty good. A little lame with the ending because it certainly was one that you say to yourself, "only in the movies" but it was fun, mindless entertainment.


2 comments:

Suzy Snow said...

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm just slowly losing my mind because of age Jack and that the reason why I'm not hearing from Dick Head is because his Dick doesn't fancy me anymore. :o)

Just joking. hehehehhehee Glad you enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

Awwww sissy - leave the Zombie at work! Remember? Zombie works - sissy parties! How embarassing. Baby boss brought his Zombie when we went to Houston a couple of weeks ago. He almost passed the exit leading to the office. I know he was going to take me home with him, and boy, wouldn't his wife have been surprised?