Monday, September 13, 2004

Slightly Amused

I feel as though my battery is almost dead, so I'm just posting a couple of random thoughts that have been floating around my head today.

I went to my friend Trudy's trailer on Saturday and spent the night. It was a lot of fun. We had a campfire and I consumed a lovely bottle of red, it was perfect.

A couple of Trudy's neighbours stopped by to join us and have a chat. Andy and Kurby. Funny, funny fellows. Single too. Well almost single. Andy has a long term girlfriend but she wasn't there.

After the initial introductions and small talk the discussion naturally took a turn to sex and relationships. The two bachelors giving Trudy and I their point of view on women, relationships and sex.

The funniest conversation was initiated by Andy but Kurby and I found ourselves laughing about it well into the following afternoon. It would seem that according to Andy, women who allow a man to go down on them (oral), are very generous.

I would like to think that Andy had consumed one too many rye and cokes and that his waterlogged brain was slightly adjective dyslexic. Just to make sure that he was serious I checked in on him the next day and he still vehemently defended his opinion. To the rest of us, this was just too funny.

Here I thought that a man that only wants to be gratified orally could rightly be referred to as a greedy, selfish, bastard. Seems I'm wrong. He was only being generous.

Kurby offered to be generous to me. An offer that was very hard to decline, especially when he offered a coffee in return. When I didn't drop to my knees at the offer of a coffee, he said that he had another option that he was sure I would agree to. He would be selfish to me for 15 minutes, if I allowed him to be generous for an hour.

Ok I know it's hard to follow, just think in opposites.

"Of course, it will only be for one night."

"Of course, what else would it be?" I asked. I gave him my most wicked smile I could conjure up, licked my lips and said "no thanks."

He pouted and made of point of stating that honesty doesn't pay. I told him that I disagreed and thanked him for being so honest. Damn fool. If he had just kept his mouth shut, you never know what may have happened, but somehow when he articulated that it would be a one night stand, it somehow seemed far too cheap and scuzzy to accept.

On a more solemn note, the love of my life called me the other night. I had called him after fighting the urge for two weeks. We have maintained a casual friendship since he broke up with me two years ago and occasionally have a chat on the phone. It seems that he is moving in with the relationship wrecker that slipped in between us. I was surprised at how hard it hit me. I had just made statements only a few weeks ago about how I was finally over him. Anyway, I guess that door has finally slammed shut, I'm just waiting for something else to open. It's getting claustrophobic in here.

No comments: