Saturday, September 25, 2004

It's only down the hall...

The moving is in full swing. Well maybe half a swing. I had to go into work today and finish up some things that could not be left since I have next week off. I figured I would be home by early afternoon, but stayed at work until after 4:00pm. That sucked because my daughter and mother ended up doing a whole lot of the move today by themselves.

The best part was that they weren't killing one another by the time I got home.

My sister is getting her sons to give us a hand tomorrow with the heavy stuff and with any luck we'll be sleeping in the new joint tomorrow night.

My daughter has to work tomorrow, so she focused on her own room and is actually sleeping there tonight. It's a great apartment with the master bedroom and bath at one end and the other two bedrooms and bath at the other end. I decided to give the master to my daughter while my mom and I will be next to one another.

She set up her room, tv and bathroom tonight, then suddenly reappeared in the apartment to give us a kiss goodnight.

"Night, I'll see you in the morning!"

"Ok, bye."

The door closed and I went back to packing up my cd's.

"Did you hear what she was saying a minute ago?" My mom was laughing about something that my daughter had told her.

"No, what?"

"She said she had to come down and say goodnight because she was starting to feel sick all of a sudden. She said it felt like she had moved out of the house and she didn't like it. I'm telling you right now, she's never moving out!"

Ahhh, good, cause I'm not in a hurry to see her leave.

About half an hour later the phone rang. She called one more time to see if the cat missed her and to say goodnight. hehhehehehhehe, it's only down the hall, but far enough away for her to miss her aggravating grandma and mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy, that is the sweetest thing. She missed her mommy!

Maybe it's a good thing you had to go in to work for awhile. It gave your mom and daughter some time to work out their trouble from the other night, alone. And YOU didn't have to referee, so there's a point for you.

I can't believe you'll have all your things moved out of the old place by today. That's great! You'll have all next week to get settled in and have a little much-needed rest, too.

Suzy Snow said...

Ha Jack! Funny, no that is not why I'm not ready for her to leave. I think that mothers just have a closer bond to their children. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine what my life is going to be like once she is gone. Did I mention that I'm a pack rat, of people and things? ;o)

Suzy Snow said...

T. if I end up with a few days of R & R after this horrible ordeal, I will certainly consider myself one lucky lady. But the way it's progressing, that's a long shot.