Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Zig/Zag

Some days you are in the groove. Everything clicks, effortlessly. Parking spots appear right in front of the place you are going to; doors are held open for you by smiling, good looking, gentleman; the radio plays all your favourite tunes one after the other; your hair looks fantastic and all you did was stand there pointing the blow dryer in your direction, no extra effort needed because you are grooving in the groove.

I love it when that happens.

That is not what has been happening to me. I've been stuck on the scratch, zigging and zagging with great effort through the past 4 or 5 days.

My mojo isn't working anymore and I don't know why.

Communication is all out of whack. Apparently when I make a comment in response to someone's statement, I'm accused of over analyzing everything. I don't see it. I don't even realize I'm doing that, but I must be. It's not the same person that has accused me of this.

It seems to stem from my last post. Where I posted about my grandparent's all in good fun. Not meaning to be derogatory or anything like that. But somewhere in the cosmic stratosphere, someone didn't think it was funny. My grandfather called my mom on Thursday and said my grandmother really wasn't well and he was concerned.

I had to take the day off work to take my mom out to their place. She spent the night and the next day with great effort took my grandmother to the hospital where they spent the next 6 hours waiting while the hospital performed a number of tests.

In the end, it would seem that the worst of the Doctor's worries were allayed and they prescribed something to help my grandmother out.

When my grandfather called, I was really concerned. He does not call for just any little thing. In fact, they never ask for help unless it's absolutely necessary and perhaps they could be accused of not saying something sooner.

I was reminded again of their age and that their time with us could be ending at any moment. I felt guilty for all the things I never did or didn't say and I felt guilty for posting that bit about their Anniversary and my grandfather's joke.

Saturday brought us a nice winter storm and I headed out in the middle of it to drive to a friend's place for the night. My mom and daughter were angry for me tempting fate, but I went anyway. I needed to escape for an evening.

The drive was exhilarating, exciting and although it took me a longer time to get to my destination, it gave me time to myself to think.

My evening was a lot of fun, but I was constantly advised that I had misunderstood the meaning of what was being said, I was still zig zagging.

When I arrived home I checked my email to see that I had received two emails from people I don't know. The names didn't register with me. They were people who had commented on a post that I had on here that was about their family. I had hurt their feelings, inadvertently I might add.

I had copied a newspaper article and had started the post off with my own statement that went along the lines of "here's another example of how greed was the reason for people to lose their lives needlessly." I didn't go into a long diatribe about the issue, just made a statement and posted the article along with the newspaper that published it and the reporter's name. The family members that saw this posted on my blog, took offence and felt that I was making an opinion about things that I knew nothing about and besides it wasn't any of my business anyway.

They were right. It isn't any of my business, but it was a public piece of news and I was posting it to portray how much our civilization is in decay. It was a perfect example of how money can ruin everything.

I apologize for any anguish I may have caused to the family members by posting that article and have since deleted it with all the comments. I did not do it with the intention of hurting anyone.

This blog is my place to write about things that I find interesting, sad, funny, or annoying. If you stumbled on here because you were looking for real news, I'm sorry to disappoint, this is just random pieces of fluff that float out of my brain from time to time.

3 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

I missed the post to which you refer, but when you post things, you risk upseting people (I've done it many times).
The people who mailed you were probably not who they claim they were.

"You can please some of the people some of the time...etc"

Suzy Snow said...

I hope you are right Mick (about them not being the real people), and I'm not surprised that you've rankled a few people, hehehehhee, but then that is one of your admirable qualities, your ability to say what you want and not worry about what other people think.

I need some of that.

Anonymous said...

Sissy - I'm sorry that happened. I'm glad I posted a comment anonymously, or would probably be sharing comments they had emailed to me as well.

It's amazing how many blog entries can come up when you run a phrase or word through a search engine. It wouldn't surprise me if the emails WERE from family members. About the only way you can keep this from happening is to mark your blog entries private - and pray it works the way it's supposed to.

Y'know, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if you can't write about same in your journal, where's a person supposed to vent? I'm sorry you felt compelled to delete that entry.