Sunday, January 09, 2005

A.D.D?

Not sure but perhaps my daughter is right. Maybe I do suffer from A.D.D. She diagnosed me last weekend after watching me multi-task while cleaning my bedroom. This is nothing new. I multi-task while doing most things. So right now as I'm writing this and trying to remember what it was that prompted that remark, I am coming up with a blank.

It may have been when I started to vacuum the livingroom carpet, because I went to get the vacuum cleaner to take to my bedroom, noticed that the livingroom needed a quick once over and so took a minute to do that.

Or it could have been when I went out to the kitchen to get a cup of tea and unloaded/loaded the dishwasher as I was waiting for the kettle to boil.

No, I don't think it was that. I bet it was when she walked into the livingroom and noticed me sitting on the sofa engrossed in a Movie on Tv. I was out there looking for something and became caught up in the program that was currently flashing across the screen.

Perhaps she become critical when she came into my room to check on my progress and found me on the computer copying cd's onto my hard drive.

I'm not sure what prompted that comment, but I was annoyed. I am NOT someone with A.D.D.!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe it's because you see something that will only take a minute to do while you're in the middle of completing another task, so you do it. (I'm sticking with that story because I do the SAME DAMN THING.)

Pierette

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzy Snow said...

I'm also guilty of that Jack! Geez, I feel so free not that I've admitted that! Thanks!

Pierette, cyber twins, through and through!

Suzy Snow said...

The correct word should be "now" instead of "not". Perhaps it's time for beddy byes!