Monday, January 10, 2005

Proportional

I decided to sort out some boxes that I haven't looked at in a few years. I'm not even going to think of how long they've remained unpacked, I'll leave it at a few. Most of the boxes I pulled out to be sorted had "Books" written on the top. I was finally arranging my bookcase in my bedroom with something that may seem to be a bit of a novelty item; books. Prior to this rearrangement, the bookcase I purchased three years ago from Ikea, had housed my cd collection. I didn't purchase it to house cd's, but that's just what happened after it was lovingly put together by my past boyfriend. He worked his magic with the screw driver and before I knew what he was doing, he had unpacked my whole cd collection and arranged it in the bookcase. I was a little miffed, but stifled my impatience because I knew it wouldn't take much to rearrange it later.

Funny how I grew accustomed to my new cd holder. It never seemed to bother me enough to find an alternate place for my cd's in order to fill it with my books. The perfect opportunity for this whole reorganization presented itself when we moved apartments a few months ago. I went out and bought a huge cd wallet, threw out all my cd cases and slipped my cd's into the pockets. Now I have three empty, lovely shelves to fill with my books.

Anyway, I digress, sorry. I seem to do that quite often. This weekend, I finally decided it was time to seek out my books and place them in their new home. I dragged 8 boxes into my bedroom yesterday and started on an afernoon of discovery.

Most of the boxes did house "some" books. But the contents were varied. Some of the boxes held photos, old journals, yearbooks, work correspondance, old greeting cards, some new, unused, now bent greeting cards, and letters.

Considering my previous post about how I multi-task, you can probably imagine how quickly the unpacking and organization went.

After working on it all day yesterday and yesterday evening, and this morning before going to work, I now have three shelves bulging with books and four boxes in the corner still to be sorted.

I did have a great time looking at old photos. There was one that was particularly interesting to me. By merely studying this old photo of myself, I have finally unleashed a deep, dark secret.

Now I know why I'm fat.

The picture was of a skinnier me. In fact, I can't even remember what it felt like to be that skinny.

But the real eye opener was not only was I skinny, but I have the most gigantic head. It's quite out of proportion on a skinny body. So now that I am fatter, I no longer look like a Bobble Head.

No comments: