Sunday, January 16, 2005

Doubtful

Sometimes I really do feel like I have some psychic abilities, or perhaps that I am more intuitive now than I ever have been before. I get comments on how perceptive I am, all the time.

This is not comforting. There is definitely something to that old saying "Ignorance is bliss". I think that for years I preferred to doubt my intuition and perhaps I've written before on this subject, if so, I'm sorry to bore you but I really find the whole thing perplexing.

I can know something that someone is trying to hide from me long before they ever actually tell me about it. I get a feeling. I may not know all the details, but I am always very, very close.

Last weekend, I took my mother to the Public Storage to get her "important" papers. We weren't sure what they were packed in, but we were looking for last years income tax returns.

When we opened the locker, there were clear plastic containers with paperwork stored inside. We grabbed those and put them in the car. Then we picked up a couple of other useful items like a lamp and swiffer. It was bitter cold out that day and my mother was anxious to get back in the warm car. She kept telling me that we could go now that we had the containers with her papers.

I wasn't convinced, and something kept urging me towards a small box that was sitting high up on top of a pile of boxes against the wall. It was out of my reach but I knew I could get it if I got the swiffer back out of the car and used that to knock it down.

Ignoring my mother's calls for me to forget it, I asked her to get the swiffer for me and I proceeded to swat at it until it fell off the pile and into my arms.

"Can we go now?"

My mom was growing impatient with me and my determination to obtain this little box.

Shortly after arriving home, my mom told me that I was right about the box.

"What box?"

"The box you insisted that we get, have you forgotten already?"

Truth is that I had. I guess once I had it, I knew it was the one so I forgot about it.

"I decided to finally look in there for the papers after going through those other plastic ones and right on the top was my income tax return."

Little hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Once again, something inside of me pushed me to do something or to pursue an idea in search of an answer without any previous information to support that endeavour.

There are many other instances, too many to write about now, but once again I question why I continually doubt myself (especially when it comes to men) when I have always been proven right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to add more to the burden, Sissy, but I've always felt you were very, very intuitive. (And I wish you'd put out your feelers and tell me where Champagnemojo and Paimoo are these days...)

I wish you could learn to trust those intuitions. Then I wish you could teach that skill to me. I'm clueless about the present, usually, much less the future.

(((hugs)))
Pierette

Mick Flynn Images said...

I have some strange theories about deja-vu, as I have experienced it many times and the only explanation could be genetic.

Suzy Snow said...

Jack, I know how you feel. Fortunately I won't feel that until the end of April, when our taxes are due. I always wait until the last possible moment. But I always have that deja vu thing happen too!

Pierette - if I ever figure out how to totally trust my intuition, I'll teach you and everyone else that will listen. ;o)

Mick - you can't leave a comment like that without some of the details. That's not fair. I want to know your theories!