Thursday, January 13, 2005

Coincidence or Psychic Connection?

My sister and I are two years and two days apart in age. I'm the baby, just in case you are wondering. We practically hated one another when we were growing up but when we entered our teen years, we finally found an appreciation and acceptance for each other and became very close.

It's always been a little bit of a source of wonder for us over the years at how many times we find each other doing the same thing or thinking about the same thing even though we have not spoken to each other about it.

An example happened this week. I have not spoken to my sister for about two weeks. Both of us caught up in our busy lives. As I've already blogged about previously; I decided on Sunday to finally start sorting through some boxes that have been packed for far too long. I have quite enjoyed becoming reacquainted with old things and purging lots of junk that I do not need to be carrying around.

It almost feels like a rebirth or something and I'm sure it has everything to do with the New Year. I am a pack rat, so there is a lot of purging to be done, but my main goal is to get rid of the clutter and have a lovely tidy room that feels inviting and not revolting.

My sister called me Tuesday afternoon to chat and told me how she started to sort through all the junk in her bedroom closet and her bedroom. I was shocked. Once again, we are performing the same tasks without prior knowledge that the other one is doing the same thing. She was complaining about how she has created such a huge mess, pulling everything out of her closet in order to sort through, and I had done exactly the same thing. I had pulled 8 boxes out of my storage closet and have stuff strewn all over my bed, bedroom floor, dresser, wherever I can find a free bit of space.

That was the first coincidence. The second one was she asked me if I knew anything about reading Aura's. She has a small girl on her school bus who has suddenly realized that she can see aura's. She doesn't know that is what it's called or what exactly it is that she can see, but she told my sister that it's funny because her Mummy and Daddy can't see the colours but she can. She has been asking the other children on the bus to remove their hats so that she can see theirs. My sister has noticed her gazing above everyone's head and one day caught her looking above her own. She asked Catherine if she could see something and Catherine replied, "Oh yes I can see it, it's all pink and blue."

My sister is now curious to find out what the colours mean. This is so weird, but again, just the day prior while sorting through my boxes I stumbled across a book I had purchased years ago, Aura Reading for Beginners by Richard Webster. I thought it was funny to have this book come up to the surface after hiding for so many years because on New Year's Eve I was told by a lady that I had just met, that I had such a beautiful Aura that she knew we were going to be good friends. It's not too often that you have people speak of such things, and for my sister and I to have other's talking about our Aura's within a short time of one another is freaky.

So that's just an example of the type of thing that happens to us all the time and has for years. We always laugh and say we should have been twins.

What do you think? Coincidence or psychic connection?

3 comments:

Suzy Snow said...

Witho that is exactly what I'm talking about! I can't remember some of our other incidences, but there have been many. I really do think it's a connection to that person rather than coincidence. It just couldn't randomly happen so often could it?

Suzy Snow said...

Ok Jack, do I sense that you are poking fun at me?! :o) That's ok, laugh as you will, but I know a psychic connection when I have one! hehheehe

Anonymous said...

My partner is a twin but has never experienced this empathy. I think in part it may be because she never had a particularly strong relationship with her brother, although they get along fine these days.

I think the key word is empathy - you became close and that shapes how you do stuff. It's an interesting concept and relates neatly with a post from Mary (on my blogroll) linking to an article about how memory and thought might be shared between brains, rather like a massive wireless computer network.

Spooky.

As for Jack, he has a point too but at my age it seems to be more dinner and a nice bottle (or two) of wine rather than a night in the pub ;-)

Huwge