Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Girl's Night Out

"You do?" I questioned in disbelief. The previous statement he made kept reverberating in my mind and questions started exploding uncontrollably. Why are you telling me this? Are you for real? Did you just say what I think you said? What purpose would you have for divulging that to someone you are trying to pick up? I can’t believe I just heard what I heard. Did anyone else hear that?

Then I laughed and made some light comment of no consequence hoping to change the topic. Not more than five minutes before this nicely dressed man (NDM) had walked directly up to me in the bar and introduced himself. He was nice looking but a little loud. That’s not a turn off to me, because I am usually attracted to people that are boisterous and confident.

He had been very interested in who I was, where I lived, where I hang out and so on. He had many questions and in a way I was flattered by the attention. Until he made that statement, that is.

This person had just divulged something so criminally damaging, that I was stunned and at a loss as to what to say next.

My first impulse was to get away from him as quickly as possible, but sometimes that is not easy to do. While I was trying to think of an escape, my friends were discussing details of the next bar we were about to go explore with Little Guy (the bouncer) who had been clinging to us for the past hour or so.

They interrupted our conversation to ask me if I wanted to leave the bar we were in and venture to another spot that my young friends knew of. Before I had a chance to answer, NDM enthusiastically agreed that it was a great idea and told me how much I would like it.

While the others continued to discuss how we were getting to the next bar and when we would leave, NDM bestowed yet another unsolicited piece of information on me. Just as stunning as the first. Again, I was at a loss for words. He was rambling on about wanting to be up front and honest right from the get go because that’s how he operates, and of course I could never breathe a word of any of this to anyone, he hoped I understood that. I nodded emphatically that I would never dream of telling anyone and secretly prayed that he would stop feeling this need to confess all his sins to me. For heaven’s sake, we had just met and I had hardly spoken two words.

The next several minutes were a blur of discussions between my two young friends and LG while NDM attempted to control every second of my attention. Before I knew it, the five of us were walking outside to the cab that LG had eagerly called. LG was around the same age as my two young friends from work. They had all been to this other bar. I was the only one that hadn’t experienced it yet, so rather than hold everyone back from having a good time, I followed them reluctantly outside.

The cab driver shook his head when he realised there were five of us. I knew that was going to be a problem, because I have encountered this before.

NDM was eager to show us his manly aggressive tactics, while I was happier not seeing them. I hate confrontation and now that I had become the new owner of two unsolicited secrets, my intent was even more focused on keeping him under control.

I took hold of his arm to get his attention and suggested that we let the other’s take this cab and we could grab the next one.

He smiled magnanimously at me and ordered the cabbie to call for another immediately. If he were a peacock his feathers would have been on proud display as he strutted back inside the door to wait for the next ride.

To Be Continued...

4 comments:

steve said...

you should have said, as politly as you can or not what ever you choose.
go and take a hike buster I have 7 kids and my husband is 6 feet eight tall and 300 pounds and if I wanted someone like you I would look in the dog pound

Mick Flynn Images said...

C'mon...tell us what he said, stop teasing.

Suzy Snow said...

Steve - You're right I could have said that and perhaps I may have, if I had met him earlier, before several rums and acquiring a happy glow. But in my present state of mind that I was in when we met, he not only scared me but he was attractive as well. It was very confusing. I wanted to get to know more and push him away all at the same time.

Rocz - I can assure you it wasn't that bad, well maybe one part was, but I can't tell you, because if I tell you then I'd have to kill you! ;o)

Mick - I'll email you and Rocz and let you know, I just don't want to post it on here. Hehehhehee, I suddenly feel that I shouldn't broadcast everything.

Suzy Snow said...

Let me correct that, I'll email you Mick, it seems that Rocz doesn't have a contact email.