Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Ride!

On a whim, I jumped in the car Sunday around 2:00 pm and headed to Buffalo. My mission? To buy a new bicycle.

I had heard from my ex-husband that he got a good deal on a bike for his son and that if I wanted one, it would be worth the drive and time because the deals were very good.

After looking at Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target, I decided that he was right. I didn't think I was going to do it this weekend though. I was thinking I would go maybe next weekend or the weekend after that, and then suddenly it dawned on me that there was no reason to delay and why would I put off something that will ultimately get me moving again?

So that was all I needed to convince myself to get off the sofa and hit the road. With the sun roof open, the tunes blasting, I felt like a free bird. It was exhilarating.

I went to the K-Mart right across from Walden Galleria and in no time the Manager was packing it into the back of my car. Because it was the last one there and had suffered a few scratches, he knocked another $20.00 off the already reduced price.

It's a pink Schwinn, Ladies, Windwood Model. It's a pale pink with flowers on the frame. Nice wide seat, lovely high handle bars for upright riding and matching fenders!

I got back home at 6:30 PM, pulled it out of the trunk and took it for a 15 min spin around the neighbourhood. I couldn't believe how much energy I had to put into it because it is a single speed. I figure it will be better for me, since my goal is to lose weight.

The time went extremely slow all day at work while I waited to get home and take a spin. I just got back and managed to do 20 mins tonight. I'll just keep at it until I can do an hour. 

There are so many places to explore with my bike. The city looks different from a bicycle than it does from a car and there is nothing like the wind blowing in your face.

I hope to get to know my bicycle very well this summer!

No comments: