Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Weight Game

I already mentioned that this is a new chapter in my life and as with all new chapters, they begin with change.  I get inspired by change.  I always have.  So my new inspiration for this journey is finally tackling my weight for once and for all.  I am like any other addict, I try to stop, am successful for a while and then fall down.      The amount of time between falling and getting back up can be as short as a day or two or as long as 5 years.  There is no telling how long the fall will be.  It doesn't matter.  What does matter is that I never give up.  I will win this game.  I am determined.  And just like when I quit smoking, this time feels like it is IT!

So I joined Weight Watchers Online, again.  The last time I joined it was a half -hearted attempt at getting on track.  Mentally, I wasn't there and I thought that if I went through the motions that I would suddenly be struck with the inspiration and I would be off to the races.  It didn't work out that way.  A year later, I was heavier than when I started.  I decided it was not financially responsible to pay to gain weight so I quit.  That wasn't the brightest idea either.  I slowly managed to gain enough weight to make life difficult.  Climbing up and down the stairs was an effort.  Walking a short distance hurt my knees.  My fat was getting in the way of life.  I wanted to get out and hike to take some pictures but I knew that physically I would tucker out before the shot I was looking for would be found.

I didn't want to get together with my distant friends, who were calling because then they would notice how fat I had become.  I was embarrassed with the way I looked and tired with how I felt.  So finally, I did the right thing and got back on the weight watchers band wagon.

I totally love the online tools.  I can't believe how much they have improved their site.  The best tool though is the recipe builder.  You can enter three ingredients you have in your fridge or cupboard and it will present you with a variety of different recipes along with the nutritional values (points).  It couldn't be easier.

So this is a warning to anyone who stumbles upon this blog.  It used to be just a rambling of random things that I found interesting or funny, but now it is going to shift into events that occur on my path to a more fit Suzy!

No comments: