Saturday, August 28, 2004

Blogrolling and rolling and rolling

I have an overwhelming sense of loss of control. Why? Oh perhaps because I have just spent the whole day reading other people's blogs. I can't even remember now how I stumbled across blogspot.

It happened, innocently enough, I'm sure. Not that long ago. I was surfing and most likely chatting when I came across the site. Ahhh, it's coming slowly back to the forefront of my mind. I was bored. Looking for something to read. I have a few friends that have their own blogs, which I read on a regular basis, but they had failed to update. Nobody was online to chat with, and yet I knew that here at my fingertips was the world, just waiting for me to find it.

I had heard of other people reading funny blogs. I had no idea where to find them and so I googled Blog. I started to go through the hits and blogspot was one of them.

I was impressed with the great looking templates. It seemed so easy to get up and running. I had to make one for myself. Just an experiment. I probably wouldn't use it, besides I already have two other blogs that I have a hard time keeping up with.

That was the beginning. The initial set up, short post about irritant of the moment and then I started to randomly read different blogs. It started with the "Blogs of Interest". They were very interesting, funny, addictive. I knew there had to be more out there. The next blog button provided me with some very interesting and funny reads.

I started to bookmark the different blogs that I found amusing or interesting. I noticed that on some there was something about Blogrolling. Hmmm, what could that be?

After a little bit of reading I was setting up my own blogroll. Adding those links that I had stumbled across, but unfortunately, while adding the links I was getting caught up with reading the posts. I swear that I have read almost all of Unlucky Man. Some of the funniest stuff I've come across. I was laughing out loud at his antics. He reminds me of a younger, wilder, James Herriot, minus the animals of course. Or perhaps it's just the British humour that I find intriguing. I love it. His ability to detail his daily meanders which seem to involve quantities of alcohol and embarrassing moments with humour and innocence is very intoxicating, pardon the pun. I feel like I'm in the middle of a novel and can't wait until I get a moment to myself, to read the next chapter. It's not a novel however, so I can only pray that some new misfortune will befall him so that he will humourously recant it for my entertainment.

In the end, I did manage to get some of my new found reading material (links) posted with that "blogroll" function. I'm pretty proud of myself. I have limited Html skills or knowledge but eventually, after cutting and pasting the blasted link into almost every imaginable spot in the template, voila...there it was.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Suzy Snow said...

Thank you Jack, for stopping by!