Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Homicidal

Now Playing - Who Will The Next Fool Be - Bobby Bland

I woke to raised voices, the most predominant was my mother’s. She was yelling something along the lines of "I knew this was going to happen. I told her to make sure a light was on in the morning, I just knew that you would end up stepping on her." This was followed by some "awww’s", and soft cooing noises.

That was all my brain needed to catapult me out of bed. I rushed from my room, down to living room in time to catch my mom yelling at my daughter’s bf one more time. He turned and sheepishly told me that he had accidentally stepped on Molly, the injured cat, on his way out the door to work.

Since she has broken her foot she has taken to laying in the middle of the hall or in the middle of the room on the floor. It seems that whenever she gets a little tired of hopping with her peg leg, she will flop wherever she happens to be. This is a dangerous habit considering that she is mostly black and in the darkened hallway of early morning, it is easy to miss her.

My mother is over the top with the animals. I’m sure that she places them on a higher place in her mind than most humans. That’s ok, if you are a person living alone surrounded by your pets, but not when you cohabit with humans. You need to be able to treat both with respect and dignity. I know without a doubt that if provoked my mother would/could become a homicidal maniac in defence of her animals.

Don’t get me wrong here, I do not want to see my poor Molly stepped on either, but at least I recognise an honest accident for what it is, and persecuting the poor guy isn’t going to make him feel very good either.

That was the start of my morning. I never mentioned anything earlier, but I’ve been sick all weekend with some sort of flu bug. At least that’s what I think it was. It started Friday night with a sore throat and basically I’ve been laying around recuperating ever since. I was even unable to go into work yesterday, which is something that rarely happens to me.

I always know that I am sick when I have no appetite. The only thing that I felt like eating all weekend was the occasional dish of vanilla ice cream or applesauce. Easy stuff on the sensitive stomach.

It seems that all systems are a go today and I will be heading out to work, thankfully. I have been once again reminded of how much I love going to work. I swear if I had to stay home every day that I would go stark raving mad.

3 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

I'm sur that your daughters boyfriend was more 'sore' than Molly.

I hope that has the same meaning over there.

Suzy Snow said...

He was very apologetic and upset, not sure if that's what you meant or if you meant "sore" as in mad. He's a good guy. My mom's a good lady too, but damn watch out if you hurt one of her pets, she's a bear then.

Suzy Snow said...

I do feel sorry for him. I mean it's hard enough on myself, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be him. He's gonna be a stronger person because of this experience though. ;o)