Saturday, November 13, 2004

Friday Night Blues

I love and hate Fridays. I love them because it's the start of the weekend and I hate them because I'm usually too tired from the week to really do anything fun and exciting.

At the beginning of the week I was invited to do something with my friend in Barrie. I told her that I would let her know but something was niggling in the back of my mind that perhaps I had already committed to another invite. I wasn't sure, but I would find out.

I had tentatively agreed to an outing with my friend that lives in Cambridge. I would hear from her at some point during the week to firm up. I decided that since I had already said yes to Cambridge that I should say no to Barrie. Barrie friend and I decided that we could have a get together on Sat instead.

Cambridge called me around noon and it appeared to be an all systems go. I threw my nightie in a bag and yelled out that I wouldn't be home when I left for work. She was going to stay in town and I would give her a ride to Cambridge when I got off work. At least that's what I thought was happening.

A call came while I was working from another friend I haven't seen in awhile and an offer was made for us to get together later. I said it was a possibility if something happened to my plans for Cambridge and would let him know.

I was feeling pretty happy. Pretty popular. So many things to do and so very little time to do them.

Within one hour though it all changed. First came the call from Cambridge. She didn't realize that I was working today and would not be done until 10:30pm. She called at 8:30 and was already at home, feeling lazy and snuggled up in a blanket on the sofa. I decided that perhaps I should just go home rather than drive the hour to her place just so that I could be there when she decided to retire for the night. She invited me to come out on Sat instead. I politely declined since I already have plans for Sat night.

I was a little disappointed but in another way happy because I could still manage to see my other friend. Before I had a chance to call him back and tell him the good news, he called and cancelled with me. Apparently something else had come up and since he thought I was busy anyway, didn't think it would be a problem.

So there you have it. From 3 offers of a night out to sitting at home typing on the computer. Where did I go wrong? How can your popularity go down the drain without warning?

I think that my Mother cast a spell to disperse of my social activity for this evening because she thinks that I should be resting to get rid of my cold. That has to be it. She's probably right but I never like her to know that.

Just in case you wondered, I decided not to blog yesterday. I was too busy remembering to think of anything that I felt would be suitable for yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ain't that always the way? "Chicken or feathers." It never fails that everything happens at once, or not at all.

Pierette