Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Too Early

It can't be 4:30 a.m.  It feels like 8:00 a.m.  Maybe I should get up and blog for a bit and then go back to bed for a few winks before I have to get ready for work.

No, I'll lie here and try to relax.  Think of nothing and soon I'll be back to sleep.

Stop bugging me Molly.  This isn't the time for play, I'm supposed to be sleeping.  I only have 2 hours before I have to get up.

4:45 a.m.  1 hour and 45 min till wake time.  I can't believe how wide awake I am.  What time did I go to bed last night anyway?  It was at least 11:00 p.m. 

Why am I so wide awake.  I haven't been in bed long.  Usually I require a good 8 hours of sleep to feel this rested.

I should get up now.  Take a shower, have breakfast and go into work real early.

No, just lie still and stop thinking and soon you'll be back to sleep.

Think of something that is relaxing.  Visualize yourself lying on a sandy beach.  The crash of the waves in the background are lulling you to sleep.  Yeah, that feels great.  Feel that sun on my skin.  Ahhh, this is working.  Before long I'll be sleeping soundly and the additional hour and a half will do me the world of good.

When I get into work, I need to take care of that HR issue first thing.  Fax those documents before you even log on the computer.  Then make yourself scarce and work on the overtime.  I wonder if so and so is going to be back today.  If she doesn't show, make sure you take the files out of her workload and hand them out to the rest of the staff.

I better make sure that Mr. Funny deals with Miss Promises because that whole situation is driving me crazy.  Oh damn, I think we have a meeting this morning with Boss Man. 

5:08 a.m.  Shelly what the hell are you doing?  How did you end up from the sandy beach to thinking about work again.  Stop that. 

Get up and get ready for work.  You aren't even tired.  You can go into work early and take care of that paperwork before any of the staff get in.  No, I'm not going into work early dammit.  It feels like I just got home from the night before.

Why am I so wide awake?  What did I eat last night?  Did I have coffee before bed?  I wonder why coffee doesn't really affect me?  Maybe it does now and you just don't know.

Ok, just relax.  Stop thinking about work.  Think about something else.  Think about something relaxing...

5:30 a.m. Jeezus Cuhhhhrist.  This is NOT working.  I have to get up in another hour.  Maybe I'll stay in bed till 7:00.  I don't have to drive the daughter to work so no need to rush.  Piss on it.  I'll just take my time.  I just need to get back to sleep.

What was I dreaming about before I woke up?  What in the hell woke me up anyway?

8:00 a.m.  SHIT!  What day is it?  Where am I supposed to be?  Am I working today?  Why didn't my radio turn on?  DAMN IT. 

Instead of being totally early, now I'm late!

No comments: