Monday, July 03, 2006

Dreams of Fear, Flying and Work

Have you ever recalled a previous dream in a dream? With your previous dream perceived as reality in your current one. I know this is a little convoluted and possibly hard to understand what I am talking about so I will explain with an example of what I dreamt last night.

I have been dreaming of work non-stop lately. Possibly, from the overwhelming feelings that I have been experiencing lately, I am not sure but that is my best guess.

In my dream, we were refitting our offices with brand new desks, baffles, carpeting; the whole office transformed from dingy to an appealing space with lots of natural wood pieces (baffles included) and windows. The dividing walls of the cubicles had large glass panels to allow light to flow through the office. The wood finish was in a medium pine, not too blonde and not dark. It was a rich, warm tone.

During my dream, my boss (never seen before in real life) called a meeting in his small office. Rather than sitting behind the desk the boss had pulled a chair into the centre of the room and all the staff members had pulled chairs all around him reminding me of a schoolteacher with his students gathered near his feet. I didn’t see any room for a full size chair so I went into an adjacent waiting area and picked up a small wooden stool and found a spot amongst the rest of the staff members to sit and listen to my boss make his announcements or deliver whatever information was about to be shared.

He started to enquire about something that I was responsible for but had not finished which made me feel dreadfully embarrassed and panicky. In the end, it wasn’t as bad as I thought because inadvertently I had done whatever it was that was expected; I just hadn’t done it in the same way as it had previously been done and I had forgotten to copy certain individuals. So that was a relief.

During the meeting, I was staring out the window and I noticed a man in a business suit, briefcase in hand, floating from the sky, into the office building next door from the sky.



I joked asking my boss when we would be purchasing those individual jet packs for our daily commute to work. Everyone shouted how they would never use one because of fear of flying or heights. I then recounted how I had previously commuted to work via balloon (previous dream).

I recalled how I would hang onto this huge balloon and with the assistance of different strings would navigate myself to wherever I was going but the gale force winds one day did in fact take me miles and miles out of my way and made me nervous when I saw that I was headed toward large open waters. I was subsequently rescued by an airplane and brought safely home.

After waking up I realized that I had incorporated a previous dream (going to work by hand balloon) into a brand new dream.

I wonder what it is that the flying to work is signifying.

4 comments:

Candy Minx said...

I am usually pretty good at interpreting dreams...of course my friend just got here as I'm reading your post and is dragging me to Canadian Tire. I'll be back okay?

cheers!

You are comment #16 on my list of "20 Comments Wednesday"

Anonymous said...

I don't know...I've never really studied dreams or anything. But it's interesting to me that you seem to have issues in every dream...and yet they always turn out well in the end. The whole balloon flying off and being rescued thing...the thing you thought you'd forgotten to do but found out you'd actually already done.

That kind of seems somewhat positive right? Probably fits the way things really are...problems constantly cropping up and you fretting but always getting everything into shape in the end.

And maybe the flying is you feeling like you're alone in things...sailing off by yourself...not getting the help you need from others until you get into major trouble. But I'm just spouting out things. Hopefully Candy has some good stuff. Later. :D

Suzy Snow said...

Candy, can't wait to hear your thoughts, when you get a moment and thank you for posting a link to my blog on your 20 comments thing. I have to get organized to join in!

Mojo, I think you have missed the boat, you should be a dream interpreter. It all makes sense. That's why I love talking to you..you make sense of me! ;o)

Anonymous said...

http://www.dreamdictionary.biz/

you may find this helpful...