Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Spring in G Minor

I am so happy, so very happy, I am so happy, I could sing and dance! La, la, la la laaaaaaa, la la la la laaaaaaa, dum dum de de dum dum dum deeeeeeeee. A full symphony with choral back up plays loudly in my head as my eyes open and I am tempted to spring to my feet, do a hand spring towards the door, two pirouettes and three high kicks on my way to the bathroom because I am soooooo happy, but I don’t.

That’s not the Shelly that everyone knows. I can’t act like that. My mom and daughter would have a heart attack if I acted like I was the lead in a Hollywood Musical when I awoke rather than the in a daze, stumbling, scratching my belly, zombie that I usually am.

So I resist the urge to spring lightly down the hall. I wish I had animated words this morning because that one back there, you know which one, spring…yes spring would be springing like a slinky across the page. I’ll stop thinking about the possibilities because I don’t have animated words and I don’t want you to be disappointed when you realise the possibilities of what I could deliver, had I the know how and skills of a geek goddess. Rather than disappoint you by filling you in on all of my untapped creativity, I’ll keep it to myself and tell you that today I am FANTABULOUSLY HAPPY!!!

Why am I so happy? I’m not sure. Is it because along with the symphony and choral back up in my head, there is a warm breeze with the smell of retracting winter sliding through my window to my nostrils? Or is it because on that breeze, the happy, bright song of the birdies is floating in the room and landing in my ears? That was it. It was the song of the birds and I was sleeping beauty, lying there in wait of my prey. Oh wait, no not prey, I mean my Prince Charming. He came to me and knelt by my bed of stone and then gave me the sweetest, most loving, gentle kiss. A kiss to wake the dead. A kiss to raise my hopes and energy from the depths of winter that would make me ALIVE again. Oh wait it wasn’t Prince Charming at all, I remember now. It was just Molly, my cat. Oh well, who cares, I’m alive! I’m awake and it’s SPRING!!!!

2 comments:

David said...

Marvellous! I'll have a pint of what she's jus thad please Barman ;-)

Suzy Snow said...

Greavsie, if I could bottle that and sell it, I would be a billionaire...now if only I could get some more!