Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ottawa Part 2

My first night alone in the hotel was a little lonely, but I managed to enjoy a long walk with my neighbour across the hall and then a long soak in a lovely hot bath.

I've realized lately just how much I despise being on my own. Most people look forward to the peace and quiet and the opportunity to do whatever they want. I dread long periods of alone time and get antsy instead of restful.

I had made plans to catch up with my friend's Ana and John on the Friday night and we spent the evening in a bar called the Honest Lawyer which is located in the Market area. It was game 3 of the playoffs between Buffalo and the Senators. I must say that the Ottawa crowd certainly knows how to show support for their local Hockey team. There were quite a few Senator jerseys in the crowd and every goal was greeted with a deafening cheer.

The bar was packed to capacity and we decided to leave during the overtime. I was stunned that they ended up losing that game. It was 3-2 for Ottawa during the final moments and then Buffalo managed to get a goal. It still was one of the most aggravating games I've ever watched. Anyway, the food was good and the company was great even though I had come home that day from training with a huge tension headache. I layed down for a nap before Ana and John arrived and was semi refreshed when the phone rang signalling that they were downstairs.

Unfortunately, I was not up to a wild night of partying and I said goodnight to them around 10:00pm. I couldn't believe that I was turning my light out before midnight on a Friday night, but the training was really zapping every ounce of energy out of me.

The next day I had to myself and I spent it shopping at the Rideau Centre and relaxing and then Ana and I went to a bar called Tuscon's, where her friend's husband was playing in a blues band. The band is called Myer's Brothers and it was fabulous. We had a great time again, but it was another early night.

I bunked at Ana's and the next day we went to Home Depot and then Ana puttered in her garden while I watched. ;o) Her friend Annette invited us to her place for a BBQ Sunday evening and it was absolutely delicious.

The balance of the week flew by and I was very happy to see the end of it. I had quite enough of sleeping in a hotel room and not being able to cuddle with my kitty cat. I had heard from one of my calls home that Molly was missing me terribly, which made me feel even worse.

I decided on Wednesday that I needed to get home as soon as possible, so I changed my ticket to Friday return from Saturday. It was a good choice because I was able to be home for two days before going back to work yesterday.

Here are a few more pictures.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your pictures (both posts) are beautiful. You and the camera work well together. It looks like a lovely place to visit.

I am one of those people who loves the solitude of being away from home. I also begin to miss my cats after a day or two!

Training sessions are so tiring, aren't they? Sometimes you feel like your brain is going to explode.

I'm glad you are home safe and sound, Sissy!

~ Pierette

Candy Minx said...

Well, Ottawa is as beautiful as ever! Great photos. I am guest blogging for mister anchovy so just making my way through his blog roll

Howdy!
Candy

Suzy Snow said...

Thanks Teresa! Yes training is mind boggling at the best of times.

Welcome Candy! I take it that you have visited Ottawa before. Are you a fellow Canadian?