Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hit With The Love Bug

We are in the middle of my least favourite month/season. Knowing how much I hate the dreary days of February and March, I did something different this year. I went out of my way to try to plan different things for most of February. I am busy most weekends.

This was one of the weekends that I didn’t have anything planned but two last minute opportunities have helped it pass quickly.

I went to a friend’s for dinner on Friday night, came home very late and slept in Saturday. Saturday afternoon I went to a “Stampin” party. It’s a party like Tupperware but they sell stamp products to make cards, scrapbooks, gift wrap etc. The host and hostess are co-workers from another office and it was great fun to get together with some people that I haven’t seen for a long time.

The best part of the afternoon though was meeting their daughters, Esme (short for Esmeralda) and Duchess. I spent the entire time being entertained by Esme, the smaller of the two black pugs, who showered me with licks all over my neck, face and hands before falling asleep with her small head on my knee.

I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. Maybe I don’t need a mate after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a previous post you refer to a book Isabelle and The Pink Teddy Bears I am trying to locate a copy can you tell me who the author was to help me track it down
Thanks
Christina

Suzy Snow said...

Nice to see you again Crumb! Winter is the pits, but it's almost over.

Christina, I'm going to have to find the book (I think I know where it is in my closet, or bookcase, or box) and I'll let you know because I couldn't find it by google either. I still have the book though. I'm sure it's here somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy,

Just wondering if you found your copy of "Isabelle and the Pink Teddy Bears". I have been trying to get a copy, but all my online searches have come up empty.

I would love to re-read this book, or get my hands on a transcript.

Many thanks in advance.