Sunday, May 15, 2005

Let Me Introduce You To....

We met about a month ago. At first meeting, I wasn’t even sure if I liked him. He was aggravating and intoxicating simultaneously, which left me with mixed feelings.

I’ve been seeing him almost daily since our first meeting and if I am unable to see him, I become very frustrated. It’s developed into a habit. A time consuming habit, but after leaving him, I always feel euphoric and therefore do not mind the time that I have been spending with him.

It’s like anything in life, sometimes the cost is worth the effort and sometimes it isn’t.

I believe that this time, the benefits far outweigh the loss of time doing other things, like updating my blog, or chatting online with my friends.

It seems to be changing the way I look. I’ve been complimented by my co-workers at how I seem to "glow". The euphoric feeling stays with me all day long. My job doesn’t seem to get me down, even if it should. I have been looking at challenges as mere side-steps rather than the insurmountable mountains that I would have before.

I’ve made a conscious decision to be faithful and loyal. I want to put forth whatever efforts are required to make this relationship work and I am confident that I have finally stumbled upon a real lifesaver.

Ladies and Gentleman, I am proud to introduce you to my new boyfriend, Mr. Treadmill.

6 comments:

Lionel said...

Will you still be able to tear yourself away for an hour in a couple of weeks' time?

I'll understand if not ... :-)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that's lovely.

Being smitten is fab.

Mike Da Hat said...

Exercise is a dangerous thing. I've only got so much energy to last me a life time and I aint gonna waste it on exercise.... which way did you say the bar was?

Christine said...

Great post! I wish I could meet me someone like that who kept my interest! ;)

Mick Flynn Images said...

It'll all end in tears...

Michele said...

Oh. My. Word. I was beginning to wonder where he went...simply because I paid no attention to him he grabbed the attention of another. It figures.

Be good to him and he will be good to you...or so I have heard.